April 04, 2004 | 3:26 p.m.
<- Forgive me for I have sinned ->

Forgive me d-land, for I have sinned!

It has been TWO days since I saw my beloved CLAY in concert and I haven't written about it. And so, without further ado, a brief rundown.

3:30 p.m.: take a shower and get ready. TRY to look decent for my voice boyfriend. I chose to wear the sassy shear orange shirt thingy I got to wear for the concert I sang at. I paired it with jeans this time and some black shoes, it was a go.

4:30 p.m.: Trace arrives to pick us up for our jaunt to the concert.

4:55 p.m.: We get to her sisters house to trade cars, so we can ALL ride together.

5:00 p.m.: We begin our trek to the new Glendale Arena. We had a great time laughing and talking it up on the way there. Traces skinny sister mentions that she saw on the news somewhere that airlines and such are planning on starting to cater to the larger people of the nation. Since we're clearly a FAT nation. The sister referred to us as the "larger nation", it was funny, guess you had to be there. Then we took turns telling stories of the suckiness it is to be fat and sit anywhere in America. Oh the joys!!! haha

5:40 p.m.: Arrive at the arena. It's seriously sitting in the middle of nowhere, surrounded on all sides by nothing. It's huge, it's nice.

5:45 -6:00p.m.: Standing in line waiting to get in. Very amused by the dynamic of the people all waiting to get inside. There were totally OLD people, old people in wheelchairs, LITTLE kids, MANY middle aged women, soooo many clay aiken signs, t-shirts, memorabilia. Clearly, Clay was the bigger draw...OF COURSE! We had a good time taking it all in.

6:05 p.m.: The doors finally open, we're ushered into the arena. It wasn't a crazy mad rush, we just took our time getting to our seats. We had AWESOME seats. I could see Clays face, and his sweat from where I was. We were on the side of hte stage, about 10 rows up. LOVED them!!! We tested the seats, yeah, tight squeeze would be an understatement. But, I just shrugged it off, 'cause I wasn't gonna miss being that close to my Clay boy for anything.

6:15-6:45 p.m.: Went up to the top and got RAPED for dinner. Seriously people, a hot dog for 4 bucks and a thing of fries FOUR BUCKS! A small bottle of water 3.50. Good hell, our lame ass dinner was something like 25 bucks, and Jer didn't eat most of his. He still wasn't feeling all the way well, but we begged him to please come anyway.

6:45: back in our seats, the bruises already forming on my hip.

7:00 p.m.: The Beu Sisters start the show. They're ok, nothing special or to write home about. They look really old, and yet are dressed like teenagers. I was just ready to see Clay.

7:30ish, the lights go out, the backup singers take their place and the music begins. OH MY GOSH, the crowd errupted. The backup singers started the song, and we're all looking at the stage for where Clay is going to appear. Except he doesn't appear, his voice is coming, but WHERE is he. Oh, that's him walking through the freaking crowd, surrounded by bodyguards, walking from the back of the arena, up to the stage. It was sooo cool! I am here to tell you, the concert was unreal. He was adorable, he was hot, he was sexy, he sang AMAZINGLY!!!!! He was so cute with the audience. He even read a sign that said "Save a Marriage, Hug my Wife" and actually jumped down off the stage and hugged the woman. He made fun of, in a sweet way, some woman that he's noticed sitting in the same exact seat at at least 5 of his concerts. He asked her name, played around with her. I'm pretty sure she peed her pants, and was rendered speechless. This woman had to have been 50 or something. And she's literally following his tour around the country. I love the guy, but I just can't EVER see being that fanatical about anyone. Money people, it all costs money. Anyway, his time flew by WAY to quickly. May I just say, he sings a duet with one of his backup girls, and this duet is one that he sings with Kim Locke on her album. OH MY GOSH! I will get Kim Lockes album, JUST for that duet. I had the thought, ya know, Clay sure is gonna sell a lot of Kimberly Locke cd's, goodness knows SHE won't be selling them. But really, there are no words to describe the beauty of the song. I had goosbumps and tears. And really, I NEVER cry at music, NEVER!!!! He danced, he played around, he clutched, he was just beautiful and amazing! I"m soooooo glad I went. It was my first official concert I've ever attended. And it was so worth it. Sadness enveloped me when he was done and he left the stage. Boo hoo! After that, Jer and I decided to move up to the top of the seats where there were folding chairs. Mostly because we didn't care all that much about Kelly Clarkson.

8:50ish p.m.: Kelly Clarkson begins. She's MUCH smaller in real life. I mean, SHORT, and she's lost weight, 'cause she looke quite tiny. She actually put on a good show. I think she has a great voice, and limitless potential. She can do a variety of styles, but much of the time she over sings on it. She didn't do that too much that night. She was cute, she was charming with the audience, she had fun, she had a lot of energy. Overall, I'm glad I saw her in concert, she was worth it.

9:45 p.m. Clay reappears much to our utter delight to sing a final duet with Kelly. Then, the concert was OVER! All the anticipation, and it was over. But boy was it worth it!! Thank you Clay for making it all worthwhile.

10:00 p.m.: We're on our way home. Drop off the sisters and then get in Traces car.

11:00 p.m.: Head to Friday's for some 3-2-1 appetizers. My most FAVORITE and beloved waiter was there. Davey from Brooklyn, a total skinhead with piercings everywhere, and I adore him. he's the coolest guy ever, and he loves us back. So, we had a good time chatting with him, and eating our sesame jack chicken. Finally, sufficiently stuffed, we headed home.

12:00 p.m.: Time for bed!!!!! Phew was I tired!!!


Saturday was nice and relaxed. I got up to watch General Conference, and I'm so glad I did. I always love the Saturday sessions the most. I took a quick shower and got ready too, because I had to be at a practice at 1:00. So, went to the practice, sang through a song a few times, talked to Lanners and P and then came home. Watched the second session of conference while Jer napped I think. I also was doin lots of laundry in there as well. A surprise visit by my bro. E and his family. It was nice to visit with them, catch up on their life etc. We're all so stinkin busy all the time, it makes it hard to get together. But, it's always great when we do. I love my family. Speaking of, just found out, my parents have set a date, they'll be home on July 5th. WOO HOO!! I can't believe their 3 years is up, already!

Once bro and family left, I got ready quickly, threw on a dress and headed out to the Mesa Easter Paegent cast devotional. I was asked to sing for their devotionals that night. I'm so glad I got to, the spirit was amazingly strong there. I sang a song called "His Hands" and while I sing it, I sign it as well. It felt good to be singing that again, I haven't done it in a LONG time. About 13 years ago, I'm pretty sure I sang and signed that song everywhere in the state of AZ. But my goodness, the years have flown. Anyway, after that, Jer and I went for a quiet anniversary dinner to MiMi's. That's where our first date was, so it was a little trip down memory lane.

It was nice, we left, came home, changed our clothes and headed over to our friends to hang out and watch a movie. At about 12:30 a.m. we headed to Wal-Mart, 'cause there were some things I HAD to have. I was soooo tired, but that was the only time to go get it. I got some Lime away, in hopes that I could truly attack the grossness that is my shower. You'll be pleased to know, I did attack, at 1:30 a.m. and the shower looks better than it has in some time. It still needs some more soaking, 'cause our water leaves BAD rust deposits. But, at least it's clean!!!! I crawled into bed around 3 a.m. and wouldn't ya know, slept like a baby. I slept until nearly Noon. HELLO. So, I missed conference this morning, which makes me sad. But, i CAN watch it online later.


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to me and my husband. Two years ago today we were married. It's simply amazing that it's been two years already. It's been a long bumpy road, but it's all worth it. You take the good and you take the bad, but we love eachother, so it all works out. And thankfully, we also mature and recognize our mistakes and selfishness and learn to work on and fixt those things. Here's to another 50 years!!


Watched afternoon conference, it was great. HELLO, my 9th grade seminary teacher was one of teh speakers. Clate Mask, he was the greatest Seminary teacher I ever had!!! It was so wierd to see him up there, and fun at the same time. I think my Dad will be up there someday as well. Just a feeling I have. I also cleaned the bathroom a bit, and folded laundry. Now I need to attack my lesson plans for this week. UGH! isn't that the bane of my existance!!!! YIKES!!


Jer is bugged, he wants me to work on school stuff right now, take a shower so we can go play with friends this evening. I have NO desire to play with friends or see anyone. That is the hardest thing with us. He is a social bug and ALWAYS needs to be around people. Just being at home, alone with me is not enough. He's seriously ADD and gets bored incredibly quick. He needs constant stimulous and I just can't give it to him. So, he's bugged, and I don't care. I don't want to go anywhere. I told him to go and have a good time, but that wasn't the answer he was looking for. Sorry, any chance i get to NOT have to get ready, I like to take it.


Well, this is truly too long. So, I'm gonna sign off for now!!!!

Easter Bunnies and Peeps

Change, she is a comin! - November 24, 2006
Little bit of nothin - September 14, 2006
That DID happen! - August 10, 2006
Dinner with famous friends - August 05, 2006
Morningstar - August 04, 2006

What Was | What Will Be

Site Meter

The current mood of als_pals at www.imood.com